July 05, 2005

The River Cafe

The River Cafe
Thames Wharf
Rainville Road,
Hammersmith, London
Tel: 020 7386 4200

I'm not going to go on about how fantastic this place is - everyone know just how important it is on the British culinary scene. I just want to say one thing.

They have a set lunch that is £16 for 2 courses and £21 (if my memory serves me) for three. This truly one of the most outstanding food deals in the city. Yet when I went there last at lunch it wasn't full.

You know that you always have wanted to go to the River Cafe but have been put off by the prices (which are pretty horrendous) and being told you have to book three months in advance. Now I'm telling you that you need worry about neither of these. Get your skates on and book now - and when you get there, think of all that money you're saving and order a bellini, because going to the River Cafe ain't complete without one.

PS. Ben and I once went here, at about midnight after a show at the Riverside Studios or something, and just ate a plate of different kinds of pecorino. And some cake, if I remember correctly. That's the kind of strange and random people we are. [It wasn't the Riverside Studios, I can't remember for the life of me what it was though - can you?!? I just remember being very very hungry...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home